Bicycles are becoming an increasingly popular way to commute to work, and for good reason – they’re environmentally friendly, cost-effective, and a great form of exercise. However, cycling on the roads can be dangerous if you’re not aware of the dangers posed by cars and trucks. In this blog post, we will discuss 5 ways to reduce road accidents and make your cycling commute safer.
5 ways to reduce road accidents
Stay visible – Make sure you’re always visible to drivers, wearing bright clothing during the day and using lights at night.
Obey the traffic laws – Always obey traffic signs and signals, and ride in the same direction as traffic.
Use bike lanes when available – Riding in a bike lane makes you more visible to drivers and reduces the chances of being hit by a car.
Be aware of your surroundings – Always be aware of what’s going on around you, and stay alert at all times.
Stay calm – If you find yourself in a dangerous situation, try to remain calm and take evasive action if possible.
Why is it important to have bicycle lanes?
Bicycle lanes make it easier for cyclists to share the road with vehicles and reduce accidents. They also provide a safe space where cyclists can ride without worrying about being hit by cars or trucks, which makes them less likely to get into an accident in the first place. It’s also worth noting that bike lanes are a great way for cyclists to get around town without having to worry about traffic congestion.
Why you should bike to work?
Biking is good for your health, the environment and your wallet! Cycling can help reduce stress by providing an outlet for physical activity that doesn’t involve sitting down all day long. It’s also a fun way to explore your city or town, as well as getting some fresh air and sunshine.
- Save money on gas and car maintenance
- Get exercise and fresh air on your way to work
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Help reduce traffic congestion
- Meet new people and make friends with other cyclists
Why cycling infrastructure is so important?
Cycling infrastructure is a set of policies, programs and facilities designed to promote the use of bicycles in an area. These include bike lanes on roads, off-street paths like those found at parks, dedicated cycleways and parking facilities for bikes.
What is the best infrastructure for your cycling business?
The best infrastructure for a cycling business will depend on its location, size and budget. For example, if you’re running a small bike shop in an urban area with limited space then it’s probably not necessary to have dedicated cycleways or parking facilities because there will be plenty of public transport options nearby. It’s also worth noting that some cities have designated bike lanes which can make getting around town much easier, especially during rush hour when traffic is heavy.
- Decide if you need a physical store or if you can run your business solely online
- If you have a physical store, choose the right location and make sure it’s accessible to cyclists
- Invest in quality cycling equipment and apparel to set your business apart from the competition
- Create an engaging website that showcases your products and services
- Make sure you have a strong social media presence to reach more potential customers
5 ways to make your cycling commute safer
- Wear brightly colored clothing so that drivers can see you
- Make sure your bike is in good condition and properly tuned up
- Use reflective tape or lights on your bike for visibility at night
- Ride with traffic, not against it
- Obey all traffic laws and signals